What to Wear
- For most aerial classes with us, we recommend wearing close fitting workout clothes, such as yoga pants/leggings and a t-shirt that can be tucked in. Some students prefer to wear leotards under t-shirts or with leggings.
- Don’t panic if you’re not sure if you have the “right” workout clothes. Sweatpants, thin leggings with athletic shorts over them, or even pajama pants can get you through your first aerial class. Closer fitting clothing is better as loose clothing may get caught in the apparatus and will flip up when you are inverting, potentially impeding your vision. It is important to have your underarms and backs of your knees covered for your comfort.
- Pole dancing requires exposed skin to stick to the pole. Shorts, tank tops and sports bra work best.
- Be aware that you will be bare foot for most classes, though we do allow socks or ankle guards on certain apparatus.
What Not to Wear
- Do not wear clothing with metal zippers, exposed buttons, grommets or other decorative elements that may get caught on and damage the apparatus. Please do not wear jeans!
- Do not wear or apply lotions or oils before attending class, as they will impede grip.
- Remove all jewelry (rings, bracelets, dangling earrings, and watches) before class as it could pinch you and damage the apparatus.
What to Bring
- Anyone under 18 years old must be accompanied by a parent or guardian for their first class to fill out our parental consent form/waiver.
- Please arrive hydrated and bring water! We have water fountains in the building and bottled water available for sale, but it’s nice to bring your own reusable container.
- Especially in the summer months, it’s a good idea to bring a sweat towel!
What Not to Bring
- Please do not bring glass containers into the studio.
- You may bring snacks and non-water drinks, but please do not consume these on the mats or apparatuses.